About Me

My photo
Raleigh, NC
Born in Richmond, Virginia, grew up in Kernersville, North Carolina, and now reside in Raleigh. I attribute most of my fishing prowess to my father, who took me fishing often as a child. We would regularly do float trips on the James River in Virginia, which is where I learned to love canoeing and river fishing. Unfortunately, my father has passed, but he lives on through my passion for chasing fish from my canoes. I intend to pass this love for fishing and the outdoors onto my children and can't wait to share these experiences with them. I currently have 4 canoes: Customized Old Town Guide 119, Customized Mohawk 16 Royalex, Coleman Scanoe, and 12' Indian River Solo.

Thursday, April 5, 2012

More Green Grass

With our success early in the morning on our last float, I decided to go back to the same place last weekend for some more largemouth.

I launched around 7 am and started hot with a bass on my first cast! I followed that up with the biggest bass of the day, around 4 lbs.




I got the measuring board for Christmas from my family. I finally committed to using it and I measured every fish I caught that was ~12" or more.

I ended up with ~20 bass on a variety of lures. Spro BBZ-1 Shad swimbait was hot early, as well as a black buzzbait. I caught a few on t-rigged plastics (grub and trick worm) banging the bank. I also caught several trolling jointed floating rapalas, including a double.





Wrapped up around 2 pm and headed home. A great day for catching and weather. One of my favorite spots did not disappoint!

3 comments:

Drew Haerer said...

Great day on the water FW!

Also, I noticed the visor, are you an AMEC employee? I have a few friends who work with them across the country and strongly considered accepting a job there myself.

Feather Chucker said...

Nice job, that one is a monster.

Fish Whisperer said...

Don't know if you noticed the logo on the pullover in my first photo (Progress Energy), that's my employer. AMEC has done some work for us in the past, it's just a free visor that I don't mind getting dirty.