About Me

My photo
Raleigh, NC
Born in Richmond, Virginia, grew up in Kernersville, North Carolina, and now reside in Raleigh. I attribute most of my fishing prowess to my father, who took me fishing often as a child. We would regularly do float trips on the James River in Virginia, which is where I learned to love canoeing and river fishing. Unfortunately, my father has passed, but he lives on through my passion for chasing fish from my canoes. I intend to pass this love for fishing and the outdoors onto my children and can't wait to share these experiences with them. I currently have 4 canoes: Customized Old Town Guide 119, Customized Mohawk 16 Royalex, Coleman Scanoe, and 12' Indian River Solo.

Friday, August 23, 2013

2013 Summer Bassin'

My last post captured a few firsts for 2013.  This post picks up most of the other excursions, mostly focused on largemouth.  Considering all the rain we've gotten this summer in NC, the fishing has been pretty good for me.  I've been able to catch some of my favorite flows at just the right time.

I had a phenomenal day in late June on a local flow.  Spent all day on the water and landed ~25 bass mostly on a spook, and a few other species.  Here are a few highlights ...









I also got out on a very small flow just north of I-40 and caught a few small bass and very colorful sunfish, including a beautiful warmouth.

 




















On my way home from Charlotte in early August, I stopped by a familiar flow, but a location I'd never explored.  Turned out well, with 6 fish in 1 hr of fishing near dusk, including these guys all caught on a plastic frog ...

 

No comments: