About Me

My photo
Raleigh, NC
Born in Richmond, Virginia, grew up in Kernersville, North Carolina, and now reside in Raleigh. I attribute most of my fishing prowess to my father, who took me fishing often as a child. We would regularly do float trips on the James River in Virginia, which is where I learned to love canoeing and river fishing. Unfortunately, my father has passed, but he lives on through my passion for chasing fish from my canoes. I intend to pass this love for fishing and the outdoors onto my children and can't wait to share these experiences with them. I currently have 4 canoes: Customized Old Town Guide 119, Customized Mohawk 16 Royalex, Coleman Scanoe, and 12' Indian River Solo.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Good Fish

Stopped by a private pond on my way into work early this morning and fished for an hour or so.  I'd heard there are lunkers in this pond and I found one of them this morning.  This fish smacked my black buzzbait and put up a heck of a fight.  Never jumped or showed herself until I went to lip her at the canoe.  Caught a few others, but nothing close to the size of this big girl. 

2 comments:

Drew Haerer said...

Nice fish Jeff! How big was it?

Fish Whisperer said...

I need to get a hawg trough for length. My guess is ~22-24" based on the shot I took next to my tackle box. My cheapy bogagrip knockoffs registered 6.5-7 lbs.

This one was on par with my best spring bass this year and a handful of others I've caught over the years. I've yet to break into the 8+lb range.

-Jeff